Support the Goals is a free initiative to celebrate the businesses which are helping to make a better world by 2030.
It lists and tells the stories of companies who are helping to tackle poverty, inequality, climate change and any of the other 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Be part of the Global action plan
The UN Sustainable Development Goals, also known as the SDGs or Global Goals are the global action plan to create a fair and sustainable world by 2030. These ambitious goals cannot be achieved without the support of businesses.
By joining Support the Goals, your company will stand alongside the industry leaders, innovators, and everyday businesses that believe businesses can contribute to these goals.
Why join Support the Goals?
Businesses that join Support the Goals get the following free benefits:
- List your company alongside the industry leaders, innovators, and everyday businesses who are helping make a better world
- Publish a short story showing how one of your initiatives supports the UN SDGs
- Promotion of your business and initiative on social media
- A page explaining how your business publicly supports the goals (example here)
- A certificate to recognise your business’s achievement
- A neat logo to proudly display your business’s support for the goals
- A communications pack to help your business tell the world about your achievement
- A 45 minute consultation advising how your business can build support for the goals into its strategy, communications, and supply chain
- A simple rating showing your business’s progress with its journey to support the goals (learn more about our rating criteria here)
- Access to quarterly meetings to discuss ideas and best practice with other businesses in your region (details of locations, times and registration process coming soon)
- Online forum to share ideas and best practice with businesses around the world
Who’s eligible to join?
Support the Goals is free to any business that’s helping to tackle any of the issues associated with the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals – e.g. poverty, inequality, climate change, etc.
Although businesses are encouraged to publicly communicate their support for the SDGs, this isn’t a requirement. We recognise that supporting the goals is a journey, and our business listings reflect this.
There are no restrictions on geography, sector, or business size. Due to their influence, large public companies have automatically been added to Support the Goals (UK FTSE350 initially – other global indices to follow).
Joining Support the Goals is easy. Simply provide us with some brief details about how your business supports the goals by completing our brief questionnaire.
After a brief discussion to discuss your business listing and opportunities for improvement, we’ll publish your details and provide certificates and logos within two weeks.
You’ll also have the opportunity to submit an example of how one of your initiatives contributes to the SDGs, which we’ll publish in the form of a brief story.
Who’s behind SUpport the Goals?
Support the Goals is an initiative from TBL Services, and is supported by the following organisations: